Aggressive and Experienced Divorce and Family Law Attorneys Serving Chicago and Suburban Cook County, Illinois
Few things in life can be more stressful and confusing than dealing with a divorce. In fact, this type of family law is often the most difficult to resolve as there are often enormous legal, financial and emotional risks at stake. That's why retaining aggressive and competent legal representation is so crucial.
At Collin Law, we make every effort to minimize that stress to our clients and fight to protect our clients' interests both in and out of the courtroom. Ultimately, we will make every effort to create a comfortable experience for our clients while working toward a successful outcome.
The firm represents clients in a wide variety of domestic disputes, from simple, uncontested divorces to complex family law litigation involving property and custody disputes. In addition to divorce, we handle enforcement and modification of child support, visitation, maintenance, parentage, prenuptial and postnuptual agreements, mediation, orders of protection, domestic violence cases, modification of court orders and post-decree proceedings.
If you are considering filing for divorce, have been served with divorce papers or are already involved in a family law dispute, it is important that you call our offices and speak with an attorney to discuss your case.
- Familiarize yourself with your marital assets, income, expenses and debts.
- Obtain current balances for your checking, savings and money market accounts.
- Determine what stocks and bonds you own and the value of these assets.
- Record the balances of your retirement plans such as 401(k), 403(b), IRAs, CDs and pensions.
- Itemize your income and expenses: Mortgage, rent, car payments, utilities, insurance premiums, etc.
- If you own real estate, determine the balance of your mortgage and identify any liens against the property.
- Make an inventory of your credit and charge card balances.
- Itemize the respective incomes of you and your spouse.